- visit any of our websites or portals (the “Website”);
- view and enquire on vehicles in one of our showrooms or online;
- purchase a vehicle, parts, accessories or a service plan from us;
- have your vehicles serviced with us;
- make an online booking with us;
- or otherwise contact us.
Hodgson Motor Group (t/a Hodgson Newcastle Ltd) a company incorporated in England and Wales under registered number 02680619 and whose registered office is at Pentagon House, Bittern Close, The Silverlink, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE28 9ND. For the purposes of the Data Protection Legislation, the Company is the data controller.
"Data Promise Team"
Pentagon House, Bittern Close, The Silverlink, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE28 9ND who can also be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
“Data Protection Legislation”
The General Data Protection Regulations 2016, and any and all other applicable laws and regulations relating to privacy and the processing of personal data.
Any company with which personal data is shared:
- The vehicle manufacturer
- Providers of automotive products and value-added services, namely insurance, finance, marketing, loyalty Products, vehicle condition reporting
- Third party processors for the purposes of data hosting, print production, data transfer, SMS, email, direct mail, analytics, credit searches and fraud prevention
Any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Any website or portal operated by the Company through which personal data is captured.
Information We Collect
We collect personal data from you using forms, which may be on paper or on our Website. There are various reasons that we need to collect personal data from you:
- Orders: so that we can fulfil any order for vehicles, parts, accessories or services that you place with us we will need to collect your name, contact details (address, email address and telephone number) and payment details;
- Records: as part of our business, we maintain guarantee and service records for the vehicles and parts that we sell and/or service, and in keeping these records we will need to identify you as the owner of that vehicle;
- Safety Issues: where the vehicle manufacturer notifies us of any safety issues which may affect your vehicle, we will contact you using the details held in our records;
- Services: where you have a service plan or have otherwise asked us to do so, or where it is part of our contract with you, we will contact you using the details held in our records with information and/or reminders about servicing and MOTs for your vehicle; We’ll also remind you when your service is due or other products purchased from us are due for renewal, as well as periodically inviting you to participate in research and customer satisfaction activities
- Enquiries: where you contact us with an enquiry or request a brochure, we will respond to you using the contact details that you provide;
- Surveys: from time to time, to improve our customer service or for research purposes, we may ask you to complete a survey or similar. Any personal data that you provide when completing a survey will be retained for the purpose of that survey;
- Marketing: we may wish to tell you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you, or to share new and exclusive offers, news and events with you. When we have a new product, service, offer or exciting event we’ll tell you about it by sending you personalised communications by email, phone, SMS or post.
We may also use personal data which you provide to us in any of the ways listed above and in the following ways:
- To deal with and/or respond to any enquiry or request made by you prior to entering into any contract or agreement with us or as a result of such contract or agreement;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us;
- To comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject
- To notify you about any changes to our business or the products offered where it is in our legitimate interests to do so and where you have expressed an interest in the same previously or where such notification is required so as to allow us to perform any contractual agreement with you or where you have expressly opted in to receiving such communications.
Sharing Your Personal Data
The information you share with us will only be disclosed to relevant employees to be used for the relevant purpose stated above. We will not otherwise disclose your personal data to any third party unless one of the following applies:
- Your personal data may be shared with other subsidiaries of the Company, and Third Parties for the purposes set out above. Some Third Parties may be based outside the EEA in countries that do not have the same standards of protection for personal information as the UK. We will, however, always comply with our obligations under the Data Protection Legislation before sending your personal data to such countries, to ensure enough protections are in place to safeguard your personal data.
- We, and/or Third Parties may contact you with information about products and services that we, or the Third Parties, think may be of interest to you where you have given your consent to receive marketing communications from us and/or Third Parties.
- In order to deliver our services to you and, as necessary, we may use Third Party processors. Such processing is conducted under contract which contains the same protections for your personal data as are set out in this policy and we ensure that appropriate data protection and information security assurances are provided;
- Where it is necessary for the performance of our contract with you, including where we need to take steps to enforce any agreement which may be entered between us;
- Where we are under a legal duty to do so in order to comply with any legal obligation to which we are subject;
- To protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our staff and others;
- If we sell or buy any business or assets in which case, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer as part of the sale or purchase process and disclosure is required to allow that transaction to proceed; or
- If we or substantially all our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data that we hold about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Retention of Data
We regularly review our data retention periods and will only hold your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose it was collected for, or as required by law, or as set out in any relevant contract we have with you. Further information on our data retention periods can be requested in writing from the Data Promise Team.
You can select your marketing preferences by ticking the relevant boxes on any form where we collect personal data from you. We will not contact you for marketing purposes unless you have given us your prior consent. If you have opted-in to receive marketing material from us, we will use your chosen contact methods to send this information.
If at any time you no longer wish to receive marketing information, please send a written request to email@example.com or on all of our email marketing communication it will give you the option to opt-out of receiving further marketing communications. You can also use this link to change your own permissions any time you wish - https://www.hodgsons-newcastle.co.uk/data-preferences/
Please note that you will still receive emails directly related to an enquiry you have made via our online enquiry portal or under any other contract you have with us.
Access to Your Personal Data, and Your Other Rights
You have the right to request a copy of the personal data the Company holds about you, at any time and at no cost to you. Should you wish to access, update or correct the personal data that we hold, please contact us by sending a written request to the Data Promise Team.
If you wish to have your personal data deleted by the Company, please request this in writing to The Data Promise Team. Your personal data will be removed within 30 days if it is not required for the completion of a contract with the Company or for any legal reason.
You also have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for any purpose. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not ticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data (where provided), or by withdrawing your consent at any time if you change your mind. You can also exercise that right and your right to object to any other processing at any time by sending a written request to The Data Promise Team.
Finally, you also have the right to request that we supply your data to a third party as part of your right to data portability.
Security of Data
The security of your personal data is of the utmost importance to us. We are committed to providing appropriate security controls to protect your personal information against foreseeable hazards.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers which are in the UK. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
Please be aware that the transmission of data over the internet is not always completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the complete security of your data transmitted to us electronically; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to restrict unauthorised access to your personal data.
We may add links to and from our Website to our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates from time to time. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites will contain their own privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Feedback on this policy
If you are unhappy with the way in which we have collected or processed your personal data or have any other complaint in relation to our handling of your personal data you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner, further information can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website at www.ico.org.uk or via their helpline on 0303 123 1113.